Friday, June 12, 2009




So Tuesday Avery and I decided to head to Tyler so I could get my teeth cleaned, hair done and to finish up some things for a shower I am hosting on Saturday. We headed back home on Wednesday around 5:30ish not knowing anything about the weather. I got a call from Austin saying that some storms were headed my way. Avery and I we in Mesquite so I stepped on it thinking I could get home before the storms hit. In the meantime I was trying to listen to the weather to get updates about the weather...but not one station was saying anything so I didnt think much about the weather. I was just trying to get home as fast as I could since I had a crying baby and had already tried everything to calm her down. So as I was going through dunkinville when all of a sudden I felt like I was in the middle of a tornado. The wind was blowing so hard that I could barely control my car so I took the first exit I saw....scared to death of course. I pulled into a gas station, grabbed Avery and headed inside. There were already tons of people inside...waiting out the storm. Avery and I spent about 45 mins in not the best part of town hidden in a corner on the FLOOR in the gas station. I already had a plan if a tornado came....since I was surrounded by glass, I saw some card board boxes near by so I was going to cover up with them. There was one sweet lady that came over and talked to us. Since I was so shaken up and Avery was screaming crying. The poor lady mistaken Avery for a BOY...how I dont know. Here is a picture of what she was wearing. Needless to say we made it home safe.

2 comments:

  1. haha oh my gosh. sweet baby girl! IM SO GLAD U GUYS ARE OK. love u and cant wait to see u soon i hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol and wait a second...where ON EARTH did that belly come from!?!?

    ReplyDelete