Saturday, October 6, 2012

New Happenings

Not only in April will the showers come,
the Brooks' will be adding a little one!
A twister like nobody's ever seen;
Our li'l Texas Tornado in OKC.

So keep us in your thoughts,
Keep us in your prayers,
"Cause before we all know it,
Baby #2 will be here.

Yes, its true! After a year of trying we are finally pregnant!! The question "what took so long" is still in the back of my head. But I think our lives are finally settling down and God knew the best time to expand our family.
(most can pass over this part) I must admit I meet with an OB here in OK to see if maybe something was wrong, since I developed a thyroid disease after having Aves. He informed me that wasnt the problem and that it can take longer for some. He was just so super positive. He thought maybe I could have a luteal phase defeat and advised me to do an ovulation kit. I do not like these things b/c they stress me out!  I'll spare all the details, but within less then a month I was pregnant. God is good! I think I needed a little reassurance that nothing was wrong with me.
So what else is going on. Aves is finally adjusting a lot better to the new house, school and not being able to see all her friends back home. She is doing everything she was doing back home, dance and tumbling and just started soccer. She was all about soccer, until she became a little boy crazy. Which has actually been a great thing since we have made some really great friends from it.
Austin and I have started meeting some new friends which has actually been great. Now we are trying to get more involved in LifeChurch, which is where we have been attending since we moved here.
Now that we are getting settled in, I'll be picking back up blogging.  So please check back to keep up with our happenings.

1 comment: