Thursday, March 11, 2010

Floors finally....

We finally decided to get hardwoods put in our house, but never imagined what we would have to go through to get them. The date was set for Feb 17, so the night before we hung plastic everywhere you could imagine, not sure if it really made a difference. The next morning the guys showed up at 730 am to get started and didnt finsh until about 5:30. Aves and I spent the day with a friend and her kiddos. That evening Austin had beat me back to the house and so he called me and I asked how dusty it was and he said it was bad...i thought he was kidding. When I got home I realized he wasnt kidding at all. I wish I would have gotten pictues...i bet if you were to stop by you could probably find some dust hanging out somewhere.
So the floors are in....we had to wait 8 days for them to come back and scrape and stain them. Yes I did clean up all the dust in between that time just so they could come back and make more dust. It took them a full day to scrape the wood and 3 days to stain them and 1 extra day for it to completely dry. During the 3 days of stainning we couldnt walk on the floors, so I went to Tyler and Austin stayed with a friend. Boy was I glad to get back home and clean and be settled again. I will say now it was all worth it. We love our new floors...now we are on a new mission to find a new table and living room furniture...never thought it would be so hard. I think I have been everyone and cant find exactly what I want. Those pictures will come...not sure when. ha!
.




hanging plastic


The fun of having tall ceilings



Scraping....


Our floors







No comments:

Post a Comment